Free Apple Stuff

To get iPhones, MacBooks, iMacs, iPads and many more Apple products totally free, SIGN UP HERE! All you have to do is complete one offer and the Love Film! offer is totally free. Check it out!!

Friday 23 July 2010

I can't remember how to chew

Yesterday I had my two upper wisdom teeth out, just under 5 weeks after my surgery. If you've not been paying attention, here's the situation. Two weeks after my operation, my orthodontist was concerned that I still wasn't able to get my teeth together. He sent me for X-ray and when it came back, it turned out that no one had bothered to take my wisdom teeth out before or during the operation. My orthodontist didn't want to risk taking them out so soon after the operation because the bone was still soft and pulling teeth would have broken the bone. So yesterday, my orthodontist was satisfied that the bone was solid enough to take the strain of tooth extraction.

Before yesterday, I had already had 7 teeth removed so I knew what to expect. I still hated it. For me, the worst part is having the local anaesthetic injected because they shove needles into your gums and you can hear it going in. It's a horrible noise. But other than that, the extractions went well. The orthodontist was really scared when he was doing it though because of dislocating my jaw. Seeing him worried like he was made me worried but luckily, everything stayed in place.

I can now get my teeth together so finally, after 5 weeks of not eating properly, I'm able to again. The only problem is, I've forgotten how to chew food. Normally, it's just something you do and have probably never thought about but I have to think how to doit and at the moment I haven't worked it out. I tried eating some quiche last night and I really struggled. Hopefully, in the next fews days, I'll either remember how to chew or learn to chew again.

Peace out :P

2 comments:

  1. ha! just had a wisdom tooth taken out this morning (lower right). it was either that or a root canal. will have to take out the upper right one later on as well since it's now become effectively useless and will just keep growing down.

    bloody teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a speed bump or a learning curve perhaps? In any case, the wait after getting those teeth removed can be a pain - literally and figuratively. The best thing to do is to slowly get used to chewing once again so everything will be back to normal sans wisdom teeth.

    ReplyDelete