Free Apple Stuff

To get iPhones, MacBooks, iMacs, iPads and many more Apple products totally free, SIGN UP HERE! All you have to do is complete one offer and the Love Film! offer is totally free. Check it out!!

Monday 22 November 2010

The Beginning of the End

After everything that had happened, I didn't think anything else could go wrong. I had an appointment last week but when I got there, I was told that they had lost all my notes so they had no idea why I was there. Instead, they took moulds and x-rays so start a new set of notes and made me an appointment for today.

So when I arrived today, the fire alarm was going off and everyone was stood outside, which was odd. I had a bit or dilema about whether I stand with my orthodontist and have an awkward conversation or not. I chose not to stand by him but did acknowledge him across the crowd. I think that was the right choice.

When I finally got seen (the fire alarm had put them ridiculously behind) he told me that in two visits time I would probably be having my brace off. How exciting. Today, he showed lots of different consultants my mouth. The tooth that wouldn't de-rotate, they're going to put a venir on after the brace comes off but first there's one tooth which is about half a millimetre out of line and because it's at the front, he wanted to fix it. In order to do that, he had to take the whole brace off the top jaw (which is what the brace repair lady didn't want to do when I broke my brace because it would take too long and wasn't worth it). This took no more than 5 minutes. Whilst he was there, he fixed the bit that had broken too.

Previously, everything had been tied in with wire since the operation to hold it all in place but now that some moving needs to happen, things are linked with the usual rubber bands but he's also put a 'Power Chain' on, which is very tight right now.

Next appointment, Decemeber 23rd. The end is in sight (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Josh,

    I had a similar operation to yourself exactly a year ago today, although a few differences, such as they had to insert plates/bone for my lower jaw from the outside and instead of just using plates, they had to use a part of my hip bone. (2% of Bixmaxillary Osteotomy are done this way)

    Good reading about someone else's experience, and although you seem to have had it a lot better pain/swelling wise than I did, your extended recovery has been full of incident, such as the wisdom teeth not been removed (I had mine out 2 years before the operation) I've got my braces off now and only wear a retainer at night. There's been a bit of relapse of about 6mm but from where I started (16mm) it's a big improvement. The scars on my neck mostly healed nicely, and although there was some hyperplasia (scars didn't heal flat) I've got a gel to help that.

    Wishing you well.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,
    Did you have residual numbness in your lips/chin?
    My surgeon said I am at risk of relapse (due to small condyles on mandible bone). With the relapse, is the surgery worth it? I am scared of relapse, and on top of that, permanent numbness of my lip and chin.
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete