Free Apple Stuff

To get iPhones, MacBooks, iMacs, iPads and many more Apple products totally free, SIGN UP HERE! All you have to do is complete one offer and the Love Film! offer is totally free. Check it out!!

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Appointements

OK so I meant to write this 5 days ago but I've been too busy and I've had no internet as well. On Friday I had two hospital appointments. One was a pre-op assessment where they did things like check my family history and take my height, weight, blood pressure etc.; and the other was so they could take some measurements for the surgeon.

Apart from the waiting around the first one went fine. I'm a little underweight but then you can guess that by looking at me. My blood pressure was 135/81, which apparently is fine :S Then we had to wait for the doctor to arrive because our appointment was at 8.30 and he didn't start until 9 (Well done, great booking skills there). At 9.30 he finally showed up and listened to my chest and heart and asked all the questions I had already been asked. Next I had blood taken by some other nurse and that was that. Pretty basic, nothing to worry about.

The second appointment wasn't so great. In order to measure my face they had to use this torture device. They put a thing right in each ear (and I mean right in. I thought they were going to damage my hearing how far they were in). A piece then went over my nose and a big fork went into my mouth that I had to hold against my teeth. Every time they tightened it and adjusted it, it pushed harder on my ears and I'm fairly sure I let out a few little yelps of pains but these things were so far in, I couldn't hear myself. It's probably one of the most painful things I've been through but during it I thought that this is probably nothing compared to what I'm going to be like next week.

I've developed a cold these last few days and I'm trying desperately to shift it as soon as I can. If I still have it when I go in, they may not operate I think. That's bad now that I'm really ready for it and have done all the prep with uni work and everything. I think it's going to be fine but you never know. It's strange to think that by this time next week I will have had the operation that has been planned since I was about 13 and that hopefully, in 6 months time, I'll be through the whole treatment, which started with my first brace when I was 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment