Free Apple Stuff

To get iPhones, MacBooks, iMacs, iPads and many more Apple products totally free, SIGN UP HERE! All you have to do is complete one offer and the Love Film! offer is totally free. Check it out!!

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Changes

Firstly, sorry if you were following this and none of the last week's post uploaded. I don't know what I did wrong but they're there now. Many things have changed in the last few days.

I have most of the sensation back in and around my mouth now. It's just my bottom lip and the centre of my chin that is still numb. Although I can't fully close my mouth, I can move it a lot more than before and as a result, I'm able to talk better and eat soft food. Mashed up vegetables and stuff really. It tastes really nice but maybe that's just because I've only had sugary fruit juice for a week.

I stopped taking codine (a powerful painkiller) a couple of nights ago after the dreams it was making me have got too scary. Seriously, I haven't had nightmares since I was like 6 but this week has been awful. As a result of no codine, my sleep is very broken and I find myself waking every couple of hours then having real difficulty getting back off again.

Today is the first day I've felt like I have energy though so that can only be a good thing. I've been up and about around the house doing things rather than just watching TV. My appetite has also retured a lot today so I'm finding myself eating quite a lot.

I have orthodontist on Thursday. Not too sure what they're going to do but I'll post next after that.

3 comments:

  1. i am glad it went well for you it's good to know it's just under five weeks till i have the same. If you can put some pics on, just want to see how bad the swelling is i am very curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of the swelling and most of it has gone now. I can say however, that it feels extremely tight, especially by abou day three and you have big chubby cheeks. There are other blogs similar to mine on the internet where people have posted pictures of themselves in the days following this procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Josh, nice to read your blog.
    I just had bimaxillary surgery a week ago (that's why I'm commenting on this post) and I wish I'd found this before I had it done.
    I had basically the exact same experience in the hospital private wards would have been so nice!
    Anyway just wondering how long it took you to regain sensation in your face? Obviously being a week in I know I'm not supposed to have much, but I'm just curious.
    I've also been blogging about my surgery experiences, though not quite as in depth as yours. There aren't any chipmunk photos on there, but there probably will be in a week or two :P
    Dan

    ReplyDelete